Award & Grant Information
Below you will find all the information required to apply for RHASS funding.
What We Support & Eligibility
All project funding whether it be an individual, organization, or charity must fit within the charitable objectives of RHASS, as laid out in our Royal Charter of 1960.
- The advancement of education
- The advancement of citizenship and community development
- The advancement of heritage, culture and science
- The advancement of environmental protection and improvement
- The advancement of animal welfare
As well as aligning with the charity objectives, all funding applications must fit within one of the five areas listed below and detail what social-economic impact it will entail.
- Education & Lifelong Learning
- Technology and Innovation
- Sustainability & Environmental Challenges
- Social & Wellbeing
- Local Show Engagement Fund
Applicants seeking any amount of financial assistance must complete the appropriate RHASS Awards & Grants Application Form (individual, organization, charity).
To apply now please click the appropriate application form below, please make sure you have read through all the information in these sections before starting the application process.
- RHASS Awards & Grant Application Form
- RHASS Local Show Engagement Fund Application Form
- Download Questions for Local Show Engagement Fund Application - please note you must still use the online application form
Application and Decision Process Including Deadlines
All applications should be made via our online application forms, or as detailed below.
Applications will be acknowledged by the Awards & Grants Team, this will give the applicant guidance on which funding window they have fallen into and therefore when they can expect a decision to be made. Funding windows are indicated below, applications should be submitted well in advance of the project commencing, retrospective funding cannot be awarded.
All applications will be assessed against the RHASS Social Impact Framework (link) before being circulated to the Charitable Impact Committee.
Any decisions to award funding will then be considered by the Charitable Impact Committee, this may be ratified by the RHASS Board of Directors (the charity Trustees).
The Awards & Grants Team will then inform the application of the decision of the Board of Directors. The decision is entirely at the discretion of the RHASS Board of Directors or Charitable Impact Committee and their decision is final.
RHASS funding windows are detailed below for 2024.
- 1 December 2023 – 5 January 2024
- 17 January 2024 – 3 April 2024
- 15 May 2024 – September 2024 (Date TBC)
If your application arrives after the last date in each round, it will not be considered until the next funding window opens and after the Funding Committee has had time to review the application.
Other Awards & Grants
Application deadlines for all awards, grants, and medals listed below have their own funding deadlines. Please see each section for individual dates and information.
- Nuffield Farming Scholarship
- Oxford Farming Conference Scholarship
- Roy Watherston Memorial Fund
- Ploughing Medals
- Long Service Award
- Royal National Mod Gaelic Learner of the Year
- Funding Criteria for Individuals, Organisations and Charities
- Funding Criteria for Local Show Engagement Fund
- Criteria for Long Service Award
- Criteria for Roy Weatherston Memorial Fund
- Criteria for Ploughing Medals
- Social Impact framework
RHASS will fund up to £10,000 in project activity, given it meets all funding criteria.
If you wish to discuss funding above £10,000 or multi-year funding please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All recipients of funding from RHASS will be required to provide a 6-month and a 12-month report on how the funding is being used and the progress that is being made.
Successful applicants may also be asked to attend RHASS Board Meetings or other RHASS-associated meetings to report on funded projects.
- More information on project feedback, and reporting matrix will be available early January.
Terms and Conditions of Application
In applying for any awards or grants from RHASS, you as the applicant understand:
- Any financial award is given as a restricted fund and must be used solely for the activities as set out in your application, you understand the use of the award for other purposes is not permitted and if found to be used for purposes other than detailed in your application the award must be repaid to RHASS in full upon request.
- An award is only valid if the project/activity takes place and is completed in full.
- In the event of the activity or project being cancelled, any award made must be returned to RHASS in full.
- Each award is considered on the merit of the organisation and whether the activity is in line with the RHASS charitable aims and objectives.
- It is a requirement that you must feedback to RHASS as to the progress of the project/activity outlined in your application on both a 6-month and 12-month timeframe of receiving the award.
- Should funding be rejected for this project you cannot re-apply for the same project within 48 months of the date of the rejected application.
- Should funding be accepted for this project you cannot re-apply for funding from RHASS within 24 months of the date of the first application for the same project.